Tiamat has undergone a change from a 25 player to a 10 player but the challenge is still an important part of the Tyranny of Dragons campaign. Tiamat awards Linu’s Favor(s) which are needed to acquire the last couple of boons in the campaign.
What is the best way to do Tiamat now?
Below you’ll find our recommendation on the 8 key steps to maximize a victory in the Tiamat challenge.
- Gather your party of 10 (2 healers, 2 tanks and 6 dps).
- Instruct all players to make an available slot on the belt to pick up the gems to protect players when killing the heads of Tiamat.
- Instruct which party protects which cleric on entering. The middle cleric doesn’t need protecting anymore.
- At the commencement of the raid kill the summoners together in a zerg fashion, collecting gems on the way. After the 5 summoners are dead, head back to kill Severin. The heads of Tiamat will now rise.
- Split into two (2) groups of five (5) and protect the clerics who are making protective spells for the players. Don’t fight next to/on the clerics or they will need more time to get their spells ready. When they complete their spells the next stage starts.
- All players to go to the black head and kill the head down to the last 5 bars. Don’t kill it outright first round. Move in zerg fashion to green, orange, blue and lastly to white leaving last 5 bars. You will have 4 minutes to do this.
- The cleric phase will start again, so split into two (2) groups of five (5) and repeat protecting the clerics. After the clerics have completed their spells, you’ll be able to finish the heads of Tiamat if you got all the heads down to five bars in the first phase fighting the heads.
- Again, all players head to black and completely kill the head this round and continue on zerg fashion through to white. Death of the heads will complete the raid.
Note: Sometimes 3 rounds maybe required, if so on the second round just ensure heads are on last 5 bars.