Here’s some of what we see. (from preview check out the new Lord Willow M17 overview!)
- New PVP map with new rewards and a new PVP season; rewards include PVE useable items like Rank 10, Weapon, and Armor Enchantment Choice Packs; Rank 5/6 Stones, and Marks of Potency.
- New PVP gear; Zen store now has IL 1000 (in PVP) gear
- New Gith race (+2 Dex, +2 Str or Int; 2% Stamina gain; +1500 CA)
- One new weapon set (Lionheart Set) – best new base damage
- New Rings of Undermountain (IL 1010) – drop from the new Tower of the Mad Mage trial
- New Shirts (IL 1010)
- New Pants (IL 1010)
- New Artifact (Halaster’s Blast Scepter), Belt and Waist gear from the trial
- Parts of Protector’s Enclave has been visually upgraded
- New Companion Gear (IL 1010) dropping from the M17 Master Expeditions
- New Appearance tab on character sheet with a fashion system overhaul
- New Tales of Old event
- New Lockbox
- New M17 campaign “Uprising”
- M16 Campaign Completion token
- New location: Stardock, which provides access to a “dimension shift” replica of Undermountain for Uprising.
- A modified Master Expedition experience called Warden Master Expeditions; a new third zone and new bosses.
- Class changes: Repel Wizard damage has been reduced and temporary hit point, from any class, now overwrite any previous temporary hit points. Previously, temporary hit points aggregated.
- Professions changes have yet to hit live server. The new recipes have nothing to do with masterwork.
New Trial: Tower of the Mad Mage
- New 10 person trial against Halaster Blackcloak, the Mad Mage himself
- Requires 2-3 tanks; 2-3 healers; 4-6 dps; IL requirement is 24K IL
- New enemy stats (30k) in new trial force player stats to increase (80k; CA 130k)
- New trial against Halaster has very difficult mechanics; dps checks; heal checks; mandatory aggro management
- New Artifact, Belt and Waist gear drops from the trial
- Need 370k HP to avoid the one-shot mechanics in the trial, and that’s on top of receiving some damage mitigation
How do you get started?
Talk to Three Strings on the first floor of the Yawning Portal and he gives you a quest called Shadows and Space. After you get that quest, Kavatos appears in the Yawning Portal on the third floor with a new Expedition quest titled a Light in The Sky. Every day you get 2 investigate activity quests. Every 2nd day you will be rewarded with Warden Expedition (WE) quests so you can collect your Stardock Rod sections. Once you have 3 of the same rod section, you will be rewarded with the new Fragment Expedition (FE) quest to acquire a fragment. Once you have collected the four fragment pieces, this should unlock the new 10 man TOMM (12 days of questing).
New Story: Uprising
Kavatos has a lead on a new disturbance, thanks to the mysterious appearance of a githzerai envoy. Follow this fellow to a newly-discovered location in the realm-twisting depths of Undermountain, find out more about the githzerai and their storied past, and lend your aid in a war against the illithid menace.
New Trial: Tower of the Mad Mage
Halaster’s not too happy about bands of old foes newly encroaching on Undermountain, and it’s up to you to bear the brunt of his wrath and to strike back. This 10-player Trial is the most challenging yet. Can you stand against the reality-shaping powers of Halaster the Mad Mage?
New Player Race: Gith
Not only can you help the githzerai in their fight, you can play as one, too! During Uprising‘s time on NeverwinterPreview, players will be able to create gith characters of their own, and aid Neverwinter just as Neverwinter’s heroes will aid the gith. Further information will come later on unlock requirements post-launch.
Our new Appearance System allows players to add any Armor or Dye acquired in the game into a library of Appearance options available for your character. Players now will be able to choose items and colors from their library to override the appearance of any gear or fashion slot, rather than needing to transmute individual items. No matter what your armor really is or how often you change it, it will always look like the appearance override that you’ve chosen.
Early-Game Content Touch-ups
The opening chapters of the game have been smoothed out for a more engaging introductory experience. Please let us know how you feel about it!
Protector’s Enclave Remodeling
Lord Neverember has invested more gold into Protector’s Enclave’s appearance, hoping to attract more wealth and commerce to the area. Certain textures have been improved, including the sky. The mount display area has been moved to the town crier’s area that previously held the job boards, and the event dais is now more central to the market area, where the mounts display area used to be.
There will be less spam when others gain lockbox rewards! There is now a pop-up element that defaults toward the top of the screen, but can be moved in the Rearrange HUD menu (in the ESC menu). In addition, there is now a “Notification Settings” button in the ESC menu that allows players to set whether certain information gets sent to chat at all, or shown on the screen as visible notifications. Chat channel filters are still where they used to be; the Notification Settings can control whether specific notification types get sent to chat at all.